One cup (about 225 grams) of mango contains the following ingredients:
• 105 calories
76% Vitamin C (antioxidant and immune booster)
• 25% Vitamin A (antioxidant and vision enhancer)
• 11% Vitamin B6 plus other B vitamins (help brain function and prevent heart disease)
• 9% healthy probiotic fiber
9% copper (copper is a cofactor for important enzymes for red blood cells)
• 7% potassium (to balance high sodium intake)
• 4% magnesium
Health benefits of mango
1. Cancer prevention: Research shows that mango antioxidant compounds prevent colon, breast, blood and prostate cancers. These compounds include quercetin, isocercetin, estragalin, fistin, gallic acid and methyl gallate, as well as various enzymes.
2. Cholesterol lowering: The high content of fiber, pectin and vitamin C in mango helps lower cholesterol.
3. Skin cleansing: can be used both internally and externally for the skin. Mango opens closed pores of the skin and removes pimples.
4. Eye health: One cup of chopped mango provides 25% of the daily requirement of vitamin A, which helps improve vision and prevents glare and dry eyes.
5. Alkalizing the whole body: Tartaric acid, malic acid and a little citric acid in this fruit help maintain the body’s alkaline stores.
6. Help Diabetics: Mango helps regulate insulin levels in the blood. In a traditional home remedy, the leaves were boiled in water, soaked in water overnight, and then boiled in the morning. Mango also has a low glycemic index (60-41) so moderate consumption of it will not raise blood sugar levels.
7. Increase sexual potency: Mango is an excellent source of vitamin E. However, a good association between libido and vitamin E was initially established with a misleading generalization in research on laboratory mice, and further research has shown that a balanced amount is useful in this area.
Digestion: Papaya is not the only fruit that contains enzymes that break down protein. There are many fruits such as mango that have this beneficial property. The fiber in mango also helps digest and excrete food.
9. Helps dissipate heat: Taking the juice of this fruit and mixing it with water and sweetener helps to cool the body and prevent damage to it.
10. Strengthen the immune system: High levels of vitamins C and A in mango plus different types of carotenoids will keep your immune system healthy and strong.